RECOVERING A POOL TABLE
RECOVERING A POOL TABLE IS MORE THAN JUST PUTTING ON NEW CLOTH
Inspect the table and determine any deterioration that will need to be addressed before the service can be performed.
- Loose legs
- Damaged pockets
- Loose cushions
- Dead cushions
- Damaged cushion facings
To proceed with recovering the pool table
- Set new cloth in top of the rail
- Dissemble the rails
- Remove staples from bottom of the rails
- Check for loose, damaged, and damaged facings
- Repair all but replacement of the cushions
- TO REPLACE THE CUSHIONS MOST BE DOWN IN A FACTORY PRESS. DO NOT TRY A CONTACT ADHESIVE AND HAND PRESSURE. IT WILL FAIL.
- Staple new cloth to the rails
- Set rails aside
THE TABLE BED
- Remove old cloth
- Check for any damage, bad pockets, loose legs, and any cabinet damage.
- Relevel slates
- Grote the slate joints
- Install the new cloth
- THERE IS A NECESSARY SEQUENCE THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED TO INSURE THAT THE CLOTH WILL REMAIN TIGHT AND PLAY PROPERLY!
REASSEMBLE THE POOL TABLE.
A POOL TABLE IS NOT AN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE! OVER TIGHTENING THE POCKET AND RAIL BOLTS WILL NOT MAKE THE TABLE PLAY BETTER. IT WILL ONLY DAMAGE THE TABLE!